The Sultan Mosque was built by Sultan Abdul Hamid II from 1909 to 1907. year and is probably one of the last mosque that the Ottoman Empire raised in the Balkan. It was built by nearly 10 years of the famous masters from Debra, applying for the first time using the technique of carving stone groove.
This magnificent mosque was briefly used as a religious building. During the 20 th century was used as a school, police station, jail, community, social and fire departments.
After more than nine decades, 2005. the mosque was rebuilt and returned her original purpose. Today it is a large dome building with concrete minaret height of 41.5 meters.
Old Mosque , Emperor Mosque (Stara, drvena ili Carska dzamija)
In the center of the Plava, on a elevated plateau in the former “City” surrounded by walls, is the Careva džamija, built in 1471. year. Its construction was funded by Sultan Abdul Hamid. Because of the original architecture, woodcarving and arabesque, stone and of building in wood, galleries, soferluka and slender minarets, is protected as a cultural monument.
Old Mosque , Emperor Mosque In the center of the Plava, on a elevated plateau in the former “City” surrounded by walls, is the Careva džamija, built in 1471. year. Its construction was funded by Sultan Abdul Hamid. Because of the original architecture, woodcarving and arabesque, stone and of building in wood, galleries, soferluka and slender minarets, is protected as a cultural monument.
Vizier mosque is the oldest mosque in Gusinje. According to tradition it was built by Grand Vizier of Skadar from the family of Busatlija at the beginning of the reign of the late fifteenth century.
According to other data, the mosque was built in 1626. year. She had a “Ruzdiju” high school and students’ dormitory. In architectural point of view Vizier mosque, rectangular bases, is a typical example of Islamic religious architecture in the region. It is built of stone, surrounded with lime mortar. Special monumental value is soferluk with parts in wood and blind arches and the interior is after more repairs remained authentic. The minaret is made of wood and ends with an open, circular gallery.
Monastery of St. Trinity in Brezojevice at Plav is the oldest known religious building and saved monument. It encourages from the period Nemanjića. According to tradition, this building is older than the monastery Decani.
According to experts and historians, the building was built in the late twelfth century, a vivid 1567th under the direction of Abbot Nestor, as it is stated in the written record of the building of the church.
Church of St. George in Gusinje was built at the place an older building, in 1926. year. According to the inscription on the board learned that is raised by donations of Orthodox population. The church has a single nave plan, built of rough, cut stone. The floor is made of stone slabs, and roof of shingle. Openings have stone frames with personal endings.
The iconostasis is the work of Peter Čolanović in 1926. year. Icons are painted in oil on canvas. The church has 50 printed Russian books, seven of which were from the eighteenth century. In the church are located two filigree crosses and 10 icons.
St. Andrews Catholic Church in Dolja at the Gusinje was built in 1933 – in 1936. year.
It exists today, is owned by Metropolitan Bar and does not have an official.